Monday 30 September 2013

Switcheroo

I have no idea why I find kitchens more interesting than bedrooms.  I am of course referring to mini projects.  Somewhere in the last week or so I have decided to switch the bedroom in Chocolat to a kitchen.

From more or less this: 


to, more or less, this:


The cooker will be replaced with a 1940's Speedway gas cooker and the sink unit with a 1950's version.  I have the cooker kit - just need to actually make and paint it!!  I have a 50's unit wending its way from the brilliant ELF - which also requires assembly and paint.  I might even stump up for a 50's kitchen cabinet - not sure yet, but time is rapidly running out.  One month to go before departure and we will only be home a few days in January and realistically I can't count on getting much done then!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful room! I like the first AND the second version. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Difficult choice because I have a couple of nice pieces in each setting but the kitchen wins!

      Delete
  2. Hi Em! I think that it is great that you are daring enough to make such a radical "switcheroo!" Good for you! I love kitchens too but, unlike yours, mine will be the size of a shoe box. I love the set up for this room and the cooker that you currently have although small for the space, still packs a lot of punch! I look forward to seeing the one that you have replaced it with. Your 50's style kitchen sounds wonderful; there is so much available that you can show in a kitchen especially from that era and now you will have Lots and Lots of room to really cook up a storm!


    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Now all I have to do is get on with it. The lights have finally arrived. They have cost me a month! RL is being a pain too right now.
      Marilyn

      Delete
  3. That's a brilliant transformation, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you John, but there is still a long way to go and I only have a month to do it all in. Big panic building.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.