Monday 9 September 2013

Stafford show

We toddled off to the Stafford show yesterday as per ...

Doreen Jeffries shows are a good size - enough to go at without ending up exhausted and still big enough to make the journey worthwhile.  I saw a lot of the vendors I already know from many shows which is fine because they often have something new at each show and because I am always looking out for different things at different shows so I tend to take in different 'information'.

I'll just share some of the photos I took and explain what they are - there will be other photos on a web album - just click here Stafford.

I have added web-links to those folk who have them, so just click on their name if you want to see more and/or go shopping.



A great choice of 1/24th things from Herdwick Landscapes.  They also do lit fires in 1/24th.

I had a really nice natter about how they finish their houses and I am enthusiastic about doing one of their classes when we are back in the UK next Summer.












I liked these lovely three-tier fruit and veg racks from C & D Crafts.  They would be good in any period setting and for a million other uses - any shop could use them and they'd be great in a bathroom for bits and bobs.  They do lots of nice baskets and even kits so you can have a go yourself.













Absolutely one of my favourites is Country Treasures - talk about realistic - every single item on the stand is a delight. 















Say Hi to a bunch of folk from Small Sorts. They are all great characters with cheeks you just want to pinch.  She's started a new range of witches in pretty pastel colours!!












Not a great photo but I assure you a great product - Delicious Delights has some very realistic mixers half way through their task.  The bun trays next to them have cup cake papers filled with uncooked mix ready for the oven.  This lady makes all sorts of great food but her raw meat is the very, very, best.








Emma Jane was my FIND of the show - new to me and pretty new to this game.  She embroiders, knits and makes lovely toys.

I am so cross with myself - I spent so long nattering the ears off this poor lady I forgot to buy the box I meant to buy.  I love the one on the left with the plain lid - oh poop!




Not a great photo - I wanted to show you her dolls - why did I take this?  Any way you can just see her dolls - worth collecting in their own right - each one is different.

Her colours are lovely and her scale is perfect - top notch.












I loved the idea of a hand-knitted suffragette - these made me smile.  Made by two ladies who said they were known as The Knits ( I hope not nits) - Actually they are Just in Case.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Em! It looks as though you had fun and I am enjoying the photos enormously. There is such a difference in style from the British, the European and the North American vendors. In your annual 'cross the pond'
    migrations do you ever mark the differences in all that you get to see?
    No mention from you if you managed to find the goodies for the Chocolat shop window. Any success?

    elizabeth

    p.s. I just ADORE Country Treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope for adding to Chocolat - keep your eye open for a post tomorrow for what I bought - totally loopy and useless.
    Differences - yes, indeed, almost like too different hobbies - American v. British - firstly your house are open at the back ours are hinged doors opening at the front (dust-free!!) Obvously most of the contents don't cross-over because of differing styles and sizes of houses and furnishings especially with anything after about 1800 when you went your own way. i am lucky that I get to see both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Elizabeth - meant to say - Country Treasures sadly doesn't have a website - such a shame because their stuff is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.