Tuesday 24 September 2013

Oops

Realised bit of a boob yesterday - I was bashing on with Miniatura visit and showing you what I bought.  I actually have folk who only follow the blog of the project they are interested in, so I always try to only share the appropriate stuff in each place.  What a complicated life I lead; entirely self-made, of course!  Luckily yesterday's stash actually were the things I bought for Chocolat!

To see what I got in 1/48ths you'll need My Quarter Life and the 1/24th stuff is Number Six.

Meanwhile back to Chocolat and its 'troubles'.  The writing I am doing for the magazine is supposed to be following my Summer project in real time - allocating a particular aspect to each month.  Again a self-imposed schedule which seemed like a good idea at the time. August should have been the electrics but I couldn't get the lights I wanted from Ray Storey when I saw him at York (?) until Miniatura.  So I did a switcheroo and did chocolates in August and made a promise for electrics this month - knowing I only had a few days to do it in because we are away for the last four days of the month.  Sadly Ray was unable to make my lights in time for the show.  I am now taking something slightly different which he has promised to make and post on Wednesday - getting them to me for Thursday - we go away Friday - so that should be interesting!  So, for now, I can't show you the lights I bought!!


I can share this lovely little gem of a fire with you though .  I honestly had one of these Belling fires in my life; it used to go from room to room as it was the only source of heat - so too for Vianne.

It is from Truly Scrumptious and Jane even brought my very own one to the show for me.

Mine's the blue one. 



Last, but in no way least, I snaffled a giant Easter chocolate table.  The sad thing is that I will be wrecking this lady's lovely work because I want all the things on the table and not the arrangement itself.  I did ask if she would let me order a bunch of stuff and let me have them loose but she doesn't do that.  You won't find her anywhere but at shows - she has some great things and at a very good price. Steph's Miniatures (Doll House Delights).

So, that's it for Chocolat aka hiatus and now I am off to future things in quarter and half scale....... not to mention creating a new blog for my wonderful, wonderful new property.

2 comments:

  1. Em, you lead a very confusing life! You are juggling many balls in the air and I just don;t know how you keep up with yourself, but you do! It will be interesting to see how you reconfigure the various items on the table. Are you putting the majority of it in the shop windows? I hope that it will all come apart cleanly and so that it all can be reassigned. I am disappointed about the lights and I imagine that you must be too. But They certainly are worth waiting for!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moi? confused? I am fine. Who am I? You are not kidding - and you aren't even following the real life confusion! Seriously, I am thinking I have taken on too much right now but I expect I need to hang on until we leave for the winter and see how it settles then. I am cheesed about the lights plus now I have settled for ones I could have bought at York - silly me. These aren't Ray S fancy-schmantzy lights - they cost about six pounds each!!! Hey ho.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.