Wednesday 16 October 2013

The Shop


For starters the cuckoo clock will be replaced with a picture - I don't know what possessed me!!

The layout is very much as in the movie so I am pleased with that.  There is also a light in the stair well now, so that gives a better effect of a further dimension.  It is very much a shop of two halves.



This is the chocolate half of the room - with the exception of the carrot cake on the bottom shelf.  Choose your sweeties from here and go over to the counter.

The door at the back leads to stairs going down to the (what was once the bakery's) kitchen which is in a half basement.


There's that darned clock again!

This is the counter and a place to prop for a few minutes with a hot chocolate.  Vianne, Armand and Anouk are catching up on the day.  I need to repaint Vianne but that's not going to happen this month!

VoilĂ , c'est fini.

PS  I know what it needs - masks plates etc - Mayan looking - now where can I get those?

(Come back tomorrow if you want to look at the outside)





6 comments:

  1. Hi Em,

    The shop looks so inviting. All the 'goodies' look so tempting and I could imagine having a sit at the counter for a cup of hot chocolate. Was there a cuckoo clock in the movie --I don't remember...The lighting turned out beautifully and that floor is gorgeous.

    XOXO,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrrggghhh! don't mention the clock - really was a crazy woman moment sticking that on the wall - it is now removed. Somehow it looked OK until I saw the photo! and, no, there wasn't a cuckoo clock in the movie - they weren't that daft!!! If you saw the melted chocolate in the copper saucepan waiting for the cream to be added you'd race me to the counter. The French know what hot chocolate means!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Em! What a lovely shop and how cool is it to have the dolls actually able to sit up to the counter on the stools! That looks great! Your Myan wall decals are a wonderful visual and as John pointed out, the floor and the lighting are marvelous! Now that I see the reworked chocolate display table I believe that you made the right decision to dismantle it and reconfigure it to make it harmonious to the scene. The entire business area is very evocative of the movie and has a casual but French atmosphere. Well done Em!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an absolute gem - many thanks for thinking it has a whisper of the movie. Transplanting them to an English setting in the wrong shaped building doesn't do much for authenticity but I wanted to have at least a smidgen of my starting point when I got to the end. Where, oh where can I buy Mayan artefacts??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cuckoo clock, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wicked child! The clock is very sweet but what the heck it is doing in a Mayan inspired hippyish 1960's French chocolate shop in England I have not idea; but when you put that lot together I guess anything goes. Would love mask or something for that spot but nothing has turned up yet.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.