Monday 22 July 2013

Can't escape it!







We have just been on a five day break in Lincolnshire and 'all things mini' was pretty much banned.... I can attest that going 'cold turkey' like this does make you a bit twitchy.

On our way home we visited Nostell Priory, an NT place near Wakefield, for lunch and a bit of a mooch in the sun.  I had a sore foot so declined the hike round the lake with my companions and retired to the house for a tour of that.  Guess what they have an eighteenth century Dolls house.













This has led me to seek out other doll's houses in NT properties - I'll let you know

5 comments:

  1. I was just reading about that house in one of my reference books. How cool to be able to see it up close and in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just reading about it - how spooky! You really can get right to it. Some lovely items. Mostly I was impressed by its age - 1753 I think???? I didn't even know it existed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies for the duff pictures - it was very underlit (to preserve dyes etc I suppose) and you are not allowed to use flash so with no tripod no way to get decent photos myself - these are just 'borrowed' from the web.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Em! I know what it is like when you are having to have an enforced " Mini Sabbatical". It seems so unnatural.
    However you had the last laugh in the end by discovering the doll's house within the Priory. Score! even with a sore foot!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.