Thursday 26 December 2013

Boxing Day thought

(7 March 2014:  Did a bit of an edit on this as things changed)

Just in case you find yourself here for the first time I thought I'd let you know how my blogs work.  I have one for each project.  Some are sold (!), some are finished and some are just ideas with maybe some bits of collecting being done for them;  but there will always be one blog with a project in process. 

I do one 'build' in the summer when I am in the UK and plan and buy stuff for it in the winter when I am in the USA.  

At the time of writing my 2013 summer project was Chocolat.  That project is finished and will appear in a series of articles in Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine next year.  It will be probably be sold in the summer of 2014 to make room for the new 1/12th.  It might get an extra year with me as my 2014 project is only quarter scale so it has room.   My house won't take more than two 1/12ths - one finished and one on the go.

I am now in Naples in Florida for the winter and other than the Dolls House Shows  blog there really isn't a current one running until I get back to the UK, though I do dip in and out of blogs now and then if something appropriate turns up.

Look out for the hive of activity starting at the end of March in my  Gate House  blog.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Em! Just a Thank You for all of your Hard Work on making and presenting the world of "Chocolat" to us! I loved the way you stayed focused through-out all the trials and tribulations of getting the project done from start to finish! And now the Quarter Life is on the horizon! That will no doubt prove to be just as Wonderful! :D
    Have a Wonderful New Years Em, and all the Very Best to you!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth - just been nattering to you on my Show Blog but it is just as nice to see you here too. Thank you as always for following and being nice about my stuff. Chocolat was my third go at this game and I know I am learning on each one so I hope every one gets better and better as I bowl along. I am strange in that I like the build best of all and am not super-attached to the project when it is done. It is the doing not the having of it that I enjoy. So I will do a handful of bits and bobs to it for some final photographs when I get home next Spring. I can then write part eight of the series I have done on it and 'put it to bed' and move on to the next - Startfish Cottage probably or The Gate House??? Happy and healthy 2014 to you and yours too and keep at the minis!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn, I'm looking forward to seeing Chocolat in the Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine.
    Happy New Year to you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! As always with the magazine stuff there is such a gap between writing it and seeing it that it almost comes to me like someone else's article. This one had been particularly protracted as the editor found herself in the happy position of being article rich so Chocolat has slid down the line a little. It is a good for me as I am holding off on doing the last piece until I get back to the UK. The final chapter will be a look at the whole finished object. As you know finished never means finished in this hobby. There are a few tweaks I would like to give it if I can get the pieces at the couple of shows I might do here. I can then do a final dressing at home and take the photos and write episode eight! Even odder, it is due in the March issue which sells end of January so I won't see the first two pieces until I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops sorry! Happy 2014 to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.