Friday 25 January 2013

Srasota Show, 19th and 20th January 2013


This show is written up more fully in Bentleys Blog but I wanted to record the few bits and pieces that were destined for Chocolat.

These are from True2Scale .  

I have been wanting the pitcher and forsythia for ages. If you check out their site you will see the lovely Eiffel tower stand they do.  I want to fit it in Chocolat  somehow - it might happen; but I managed to resist for now.  I didn't resist the lovely dishes and decals even though I have no idea whether they will fit the story!

The lovely cake boxes certainly have a home and pride of place.




At Ron's stall (Dollshouse Shop, Orlando) I returned four of my five Little Women for something else.  I had decided before the show I wanted a better pretty pleater, which he kindly brought to the show for me.  I added in these three cute cake stands. The red one is destined for the window display.


I bought this trio from Marie's Minis. The bowl of nuts was for Chocolat; I then remembered it is set in Lent so seasonally they are more suitable for the October setting of Bentleys.  The hyacinth, though,is for Chocolat to help pin down the timing.  The jug and bowl may just join my Little Women stock of Victoriana for an (as yet) undreampt of project.


From Feather Your Nest I got this little set for $34  (£21.45) which I thought was a good price as I had been looking at the stools in various places at around eight dollars plus.  It was absolutely bought for Chocolat as there is something like it in the movie BUT as my project may be in the throes of veering away from the original it may end up in Starfish Cottage. I put a cup and saucer on it to give you a sense of scale.




2 comments:

  1. I like your jug and bowl set and the bar and stools was a good price. It's nice to think you've got a bargain, isn't it?

    Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly did! Looking forward to Orlando in February. Other than 'gambling' on EBay purchases I try to keep my money for shows and try to find one a month somewhere. Don't buy a lot from shops; then I moan there aren't enough of them because people don't support them. Duh..

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.